Join the Team
Vacancy for Tea Room Manager 2022
- Part-time, fixed term
- 4th Apr – 31st Oct 2022
- 24hrs per week
- Closing Date: Sun 27th Feb 2022
Are you ready for something new and special this Spring?
We need an organised and enthusiastic person to manage our pretty garden tearoom.
We are looking for someone with an eye for detail who would genuinely enjoy welcoming our garden visitors and Friends.
We can offer a flexible 24 hrs per week (incl. one weekend shift) @ £15ph, a beautiful location, great local suppliers and a fantastic volunteer team. We are ready to work with you to welcome this season’s Garden and Sculpture Exhibition visitors.
Experience of catering or hospitality is ideal but not essential for the right person looking for a new challenge.
We have established an excellent reputation and developed effective and safe methods of working, particularly in response to the challenges of Covid.
We would like someone who is motivated to get to know our charity and the way we do things to reflect the values and ethos of the Gardens.
Stone Lane Garden and tea room received outstanding visitor feedback last season. We are ready to welcome someone new to take us into Summer 2022! Apply now
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07967 979613 to speak to Ruth for more info
Further info and ‘how to apply’
- Tearoom opening hours vary (between 11 – 5.30 pm)
- Hours are flexible over 4/5 days with one weekend shift
- Start date: Mon 4th April 2022.
We aim to open the tea room to visitors later that week.
The successful applicant will take over the day-to-day management of the tea room and be responsible for meeting objectives agreed with the charity (via the nominated trustee). They will ensure that the tea room continues to be a safe, self-supporting, calm and welcoming hub at the heart of the garden.
Thanks to our 2021 manager and brilliant volunteer team our tea room operated safely and successfully last year, in spite of all the Covid uncertainties.
We are now looking for the person to build on this great start in 2022.
Tea Room manager responsibilities
- Managing day-to-day operations of the tea room
- Organising: ordering, stocking and safeguarding existing systems to ensure our visitors and friends enjoy a safe visit and top quality local produce
- Supporting tea room volunteers: coordinating rotas and providing the training and tools needed to ensure safe and seamless Stone Lane service
Skills and experience
Our ideal Tea Room manager will have strong organisational skills and front of house experience in a catering or retail food business.
Although this is desirable it is not essential for an applicant who can demonstrate relevant, transferrable skills and a willingness to learn fast.
Whatever the qualifications, our manager must enjoy being Stone Lane Garden‘s ambassador in the tea room and support our volunteer team to provide a safe environment and excellent service for our visitors and Friends.
How to apply
If you think you would enjoy and excel in this role please apply now, don’t hesitate!
- your full name, address & phone number
- names and contact details of two referees
- some info about yourself and why you think you would be a good fit for this position
To be successful in this seasonal role we believe you will be able to demonstrate relevant experience so please also mention any qualifications and give examples of your own skills and experience in the following areas:
- Dealing with suppliers, ordering and stock check
- Handling money with card transactions & simple bookkeeping
- Communication skills & dealing with the public
- Managing & motivating a team
- Food Hygiene & Sustainability
- Environmental responsibility
We welcome and encourage applications from all sections of the community.
We are proud of Stone Lane Garden’s values and strive to achieve fair and equal representation for all in the way we work. We aspire to allow everyone to contribute and reach their full potential, respecting the natural environment and individual difference.