Quick directions from Chagford
If you have scanned in the QR code by our tree in Chagford Square, here is how to get to the Gardens from Chagford.
- From the square, take either road downhill past the Spar or the newsagent (they meet up). DO NOT take the road past the Chagford Inn.
- As you leave Chagford you should pass the school on your left and garage on your right. This is the road heading out to the A382 which takes you north to Whiddon Down (A30) and south to Moretonhampstead.
- After about 1 mile you get to a crossroads. This is the A382. Turn left here and follow A382 over the river, past Sandy Park Inn and up the steep narrow bit of road.
- Just past here is a sharp left-hand bend with a road going off on the right. TAKE THIS RIGHT TURN. Head steeply up the narrow road for about 3/4 of a mile.
- You will come to the Disabled Parking for the Gardens on the right. During the winter months you can park here in the main farmyard.
For the Main car park continue up the road and follow the signs. Please pay at visitor reception in the main farmyard. The Gardens are straight across the road.
Opening times: Stone Lane Gardens is open all year round. In summer from 10-6pm. In winter from 10am to dusk.
Admission: £6 adults, £2.50 students. Under 5’s free. Family ticket £15.